Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To an old friend

Another complication of moving around is leaving behind friends and not keeping in touch with them. Our lives move quickly and we get on with the mundane things in life and forget rather important things like chatting with a friend and having a good laugh and laughing about old times. So much so in my life - I just heard about a life passing over a year ago - a person that lived life with great laughter and happiness. To think that she is no longer in this world spreading her smile and joy is hard to believe. So, I would like to take this opportunity to make a toast her. To Amy Martin - I will always remember you with a smile on my face and the thought of laughter in the air. You were a person of true joy.

Amy loved to play pranks on others. Before I left Juneau I threw a birthday party for her and a friend. And I invited a magician to come and do some creative things with balloons. I left before she had a chance to get me back. But, of course, she did. She sent a man dressed up in a chicken costume to my wedding. Actually the chicken was the highlight of the wedding as well. I knew she would get me back in the end.

My thoughts and prayers go to Don and your sons. I wish I had kept in contact with you or had known about your breast cancer. I guess this is in my own way - my saying 'good-bye' to you. You, I am certain of this, are greatly missed and memories of you are cherished by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment